Lawyers Who Ride
Find out how.
No Recovery? No Fees!
Watch Our Videos
Motorcycle Safety for Sterling Heights Riders
Tips to Help Avoid Motorcycle Accidents
There are countless motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, careless, negligent, reckless or just plain distracted. It is important for riders to exercise certain motorcycle safety precautions in order to help minimize their chances of being involved in an accident that can lead to injury or even wrongful death.
Here are some tips that we find helpful, as we are riders ourselves here at Michigan Biker Law:
- Wear a helmet, not just any helmet, make sure it’s approved and safety rated to help prevent a traumatic brain injury.
- Wear brightly colored clothing so you can be noticed in another driver’s peripheral vision and more easily seen at night when riding.
- Always be alert and attentive when riding. Do not ride when you are tired and especially when you have been drinking.
- Watch your speed and obey the traffic laws.
- Be sure that you are not in another driver’s blind spot, move ahead or fall back in order to be seen.
- Do not weave in and out of cars on the road, freeway or highway.
- Test your bike’s lights and signals regularly.
- Use your turn signals when turning.
- Non-stick gloves are helpful when riding.
- Do not ride too close behind other vehicles, as this can be deadly if they have to make a quick stop.
- Make sure to practice hard-braking maneuvers regularly so you can come to a quick stop if needed.
Dedicated Sterling Heights Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our firm has dedicated over 30 years to exclusively protecting the rights of victims and providing effective representation in all types of motorcycle accidents and all types of injuries. We have extensive knowledge and experience with the laws and procedures that are related to motorcycle accident cases, as well as in wrongful death lawsuits that are filed by families on behalf of loved ones that have been fatally injured.
If you or someone you know has recently been involved in an accident, a competent Sterling Heights motorcycle accident attorney at our firm is prepared to provide you with the high level of representation you need and deserve and aggressively seek maximum compensation for your losses, damages and expenses.
Contact a Sterling Heights motorcycle accident lawyer at our firm now for effective and skilled advice and legal advocacy after an accident.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Sport Bike Accidents
Types of Injuries
Spinal Cord Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury
About Insurance Claims
Injured in an Accident?
What to Expect
We Handle Motorcycle Accidents Only!
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact us today to learn how we can help.
We Are Lawyers Who Actually Ride
Millions of Dollars Recovered on Behalf of Clients
More than 30 Years of Experience
AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Highly Recommended by Past Clients
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents Posted on Apr 28, 2017 4:22pm PDT Motorcyclists have far less protection than the average motorist. There are no air bags or seat belts and the motorcyclist is not encased in protective steel and glass. There are only the clothes...
The U.S. government is investigating complaints from Harley Davidson riders who say their brakes have failed without warning. 43,000 motorcycles are affected. 2008-2011 Harley Davidsons with anti lock brakes are the concern according to the National Highway Traffic...
New Law for Motorcycle Riders Signed by Governor Posted on Feb 26, 2016 3:45pm PST We have learned that the Governor has signed into law House Bill 4854 which waives the written test, and driving skills test for all motorcycle riders applying for a new...